There are 5 components of my summer wardrobe that I almost always wear (remember my 4 component Winter clothing post?)
(1) If I can possibly wear a hat…I’ll wear a hat..I LOVE hats!
(2) Anything long and tunic-y…I blame this on my Canadian upbringing. This can be hard in hot NC, but! my saving grace is that wherever you go inside is super cold air conditioning
(3) T-SHIRTS!!!! after hats my second love language is t-shirts! Old Navy men’s t-shirts are the best!!!
(4) fun pattern – flowers, stripes, color
(5) flattering sleeves. My poor husband says he loves me in sleeveless….but alas, I do not love sleeveless for many reasons…so sometimes I wear it just for him, but looking through my pictures; no sleeveless!! Haha!
Hats + braids + t-shirt = love in the summer (and fall…and…really all year round :)))
Tunics and pants!
Skye said this was such a mom outfit I had to remember the moment 🙂 old navy for the comfy day!
This Old Navy California t-shirt is my favorite!!
Matches with everything 😉
This outfit is a win for me:
Fun pattern – check
Flattering sleeves- check
Mom jean cutoffs – check (skye calls them my mom shorts…everything I wear is mom; mom jeans, mom pants. Good thing I’m a mom!! Ha! 😆
This dress checks all the boxes too: comfortable, flattering sleeves, long and tunic-like. I found it at Cato.
So while this wardrobe wouldn’t work for everyone, judging from what I see looking around me (haha!!) it makes me happy to wear my many layers year round 🙂 would love to hear what your summer staples are…oh goodness I forgot my favored footwear:
These leather sandals from target are on my feet every single day. 🌿🖤